ABOUT KAREN BENNET VARSHA
Growing up in Jackson, Mississippi, I was always interested in the arts. Music, crafts with Mom, and the camera were favorites. I majored in Art/ Interior Design at the University of Georgia and enrolled in photography classes whenever possible.
For 35 years that interest in photography has taken me all over the country soaking up information in classes and carrying my camera everywhere. My main focus today is glamour portrait photography and bridal portraiture with the purpose of capturing women of all ages as beautifully as possible.
Over the years I have participated in many local photography shows. Some of these were Atlanta Photography Group shows including those juried by Fay Gold, Brett Abbott, Lucinda Bunnen and Jane Jackson. Women in Focus/ Atlanta Celebrates Photography shows juried by Julian Cox and Brent Abbott, both photography curators at High Museum of Art. Won Best in Category for landscape photography in Southeastern Flower Show.
Participated in Marsha Cavalier Juried Shows for Holga Camera and Documentary Photography.
- Graduated from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design
- Graduated from Georgia State University with a Masters in Business Administration
- Spent years in Corporate Design including working for Coca Cola and IBM in Atlanta.
- Photographed interiors for Atlanta Home and Lifestyles magazine.
- Participated in photography classes from Portfolio Center, Showcase School, Palm Beach Photographic Center, Joyce Tennyson, and Mary Ellen Mark Workshops.
- Skilled in fine art, documentary, lifestyle photos and portraiture for Internet and print media.
Located in a rustic building at The Goat Farm Arts Center in West Atlanta, the site was formerly the E. Van Winkle Gin and Machine Works, a cotton equipment manufacturer that operated an on-site complex of industrial buildings. The Goat Farm Arts Center is currently a major visual and performing arts center in Atlanta.
The location is an inspiring, creative venue with artists of every conceivable talent in one location.